Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

the red overalls

When I first found out I was pregnant with my oldest girl, almost seven years ago now, I was living on Cumberland Ave in Portland. One day I was purusing the baby stuff at the Goodwill that was just down the street from my house and I came across a pair of red corduroy overalls. Needless to say, they came home with me. As soon as my girl was big enough, she wore them. Undoubtably there are photos on my old computer that are just stuck there...and hopefully one of these days I will figure out how to unlock the secrets of that thing... In any case, she wore them for a while and in that assured way we all have when we vow to not have any more children, I said I wasn't going to. And then packed them away with all the other favourites and the just-in-cases (And piles of prefold diapers...).
So now, last night I stuck them into Stella's newly fits pile. And she wore them today.
It's truly remarkable now to think about how big my big girl is now...and how fast they grow.
I'm sure my mom thinks the same thing!



No comments:

Post a Comment