Pages

Saturday, March 3, 2012

exploring history

On the last day of February, my big girl decided that she would set up a picnic blanket in the ancient grave yard beside our house. I wasn't sure if it was a great idea, legalities and all,  but then again, I'm sure that all the children who passed and were buried here might appreciate the mayham of my silly children.
I've been wanting for years now to find out exactly what happened in our town during those years- so many children. I have guessed that it was a influenza epidemic or small pox. Asking around, people just generally don't know.  It may just require a trip to the library one of these days. (minus the children's room...)

And so. The picnic that the littlest one and I were not exactly invited to we crashed anyway. And someone explored the grounds...









And later on, someone is very much enjoying the stories of Jan Brett. (Not just the little one either...her papa LOVES them...)

No comments:

Post a Comment