Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

To a teacher of Forest Ninjas

Yesterday afternoon I was blessed by the visit of an old friend.

She came, her long brown hair all down her back and her beautiful smile gracing my kitchen.
She held my babies and brought me chocolate covered pomegranate seeds.
She sipped her tea, asked about my life and answered all my questions about hers.
We filled in the blanks of the years gone by, like no time has gone by. That is how it always is with her- something I love about old good friends with no expectations.

Once we mulched a tomato bed together. On the day we met, and we both had this feeling that day that  we'd already known each other a life time. I was 18 and she was 19.
In the years since we see each other more randomly then either of us would like and vow to keep in touch.
We try.
Occasionally.

Love you, sweet sweet girl. Come home soon.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment