Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

Here



It's been a quiet weekend around here. Which is very nice. And unusual. Most of the time it seems like we are driving with our heads cut off, in ten zillion directions. Like everybody else I know, I suppose. Especially this time of year.
It is so nice on the weekend to feel a bit of that "weekend" feeling...something I haven't really noticed for years and years. (Considering I have worked on the weekends for the past years...well, up until the little one's birth...) And lately the weekends have been all about working on the house. We are in a bit of a standstill at the moment, waiting for the flooring guys who will be here the first of July, and for the art show to be hung, which will be around the 10th. Big huge events... but this weekend I got to sit in the sun, read my book, go for walks, sigh. Yes, just lovely.

On Saturday we went to see my girl in her second ballet recital ever. She was fantastic...so poised, graceful and beautiful. Yup, I'm that mama. I held in my tears watching her do her thing. Such pride in my sweet little darling. She is something to see.


She is the furtherest on the right...unfortunately all our photos came out terribly. This is one taken by someone who was photoing the whole show, so this is is as close as she came. Needless to say, their performance was just adorable. Looking forward to many more years...and many more shows, whatever type and variety they may be. 


No comments:

Post a Comment