Pages

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Common Ground

For the past 30 years, I think I have only missed about two of the Common Ground Fairs. (Knowingly, anyway...) One was when I was living in Urbana, Illinois, doing who knows what. The second was when I was in Southern Californina when I was pregnant with Nathalie.
Both times all that weekend I mourned the lack of "MY" fair.
Ah...the joy. And now, raising my gals to love it too.

This fair is all about agricultural life in Maine, put on by the Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners Association, (MOFGA). Over the course of the weekend there are events, talks, classes and just plain enjoyment celebrating the love of rural Maine life. It's plain wonderful. Admittedly, we all love the lamb sausage on a stick almost best of all. (That and the people watching!)  Most years Travis has a timberframe booth, as well as being the Amnesty International Maine's coordinator. Every year I help out, but this year we decided it best to do just the AI booth. And next year, just the frame....Simplifying...

Here are some highlights!




No comments:

Post a Comment