Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Hot, Humid, et al.

This week has been hot, sticky and a bit much. I tried really hard to not let crankiness get the better of me, but the heat made it so that a baby was not only attached to me, but literally Stuck to me. The girls (four of them in all) and I spent the days trying to stay cool, but not having much luck. Tuesday we spent a majority of the day in the air conditioned library, and Wednesday we ventured south to the Botanical Gardens. I tried to keep hats on (I told one of the little ones if she didn't leave her hat on I would staple it to her head. She looked at me and grinned. Little imp.) and gooped up in sunblock. Needless to say, I think I managed to keep them from getting sunburnt, but my arms are crispy and red. Oh well.
We explored the rose garden, the waterfalls, the children's garden and a big huge sandbox, which was by far the favourite locale. Although the bear cave was also a hit.
Admittedly having a six year old in tow with all these adventures is VERY helpful and is a perfect addition to the trip. Definitely keeps it all saner then would be otherwise...But so much fun! Any adventure with four little girls has to be just plain wonderful!





No comments:

Post a Comment